Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the windows client scale on high DPI screens?

johnmarquiss September 1, 2016

I have a high DPI screen and while most of my applications respect the Windows global display scaling it looks like the latest update to the Windows HipChat client does not. Is anyone aware of a setting anywhere that may help with this. Would love to keep using the native client but it is close to unreadable...

Thanks all.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jer Villanueva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2016

You can use:

• Ctrl + + or Ctrl + = to increase the size
  • Ctrl + - or Ctrl + _ to decrease the size
  • Ctrl + 0 to reset to default

This is unexpected behavior though that the latest update no longer respects Windows' scaling option. If you don't mind, could you open a support ticket and send us your logs so we can investigate this? Thanks!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/sending-windows-client-logs-to-support-788042243.html

https://support.atlassian.com/help/#/hipchat/support

johnmarquiss September 1, 2016

Thanks for the reply. I have entered a ticket for you as well. As a side note I seem to have been able to permanently solve the problem by changing the system display scaling while the HipChat client was running. It would be nice if this just picked it up automatically in the first place though. This is a manageable workaround if it happens again though.

Jer Villanueva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2016

Great, thank you for opening the ticket! HipChat will remember whatever setting you manually apply with these shortcuts. It should determine an optimal size from the start though to save you the trouble of manually applying the settings. Hopefully the logs shed some light on the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events