Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Documentation about Group Admin Correct?

Stephen Morrow May 20, 2017

Hello,

I am attempting to assign multiple Group admins. This functionality is described In the Roles and Persmissions document, in the section "Other roles in HipChat".

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/roles-and-permissions-732400364.html#RolesandPermissions-OtherrolesinHipChat

However, I only see the ability for the drop down box to select one admin (see the screen shot below). 

Is there an error in the documentation, or am I attempting to edit group admins incorrectly? 

Thank you

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 10.26.42 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Hi Stephen,

I think there is some confusion between 'group admins' and 'room admins' here as you seem to use 'group admin' when you're referencing the 'room admin' documentation. 

A group admin is a global administration role and these are assigned via Group Admin -> Users by another admin or owner. 

A room admin is a user that has permissions to administer a room, typically set by the room owner or a global admin. Room admins are set on the permissions page of individual rooms (as your screenshot shows).

Looking at your screenshot, it appears that the room privacy is set to Private. I believe that only invited users will show up in the room admin list. You can invite users into the room by clicking the 'Edit member list' below the room admin drop down in your screenshot. After a user is added, refresh the page and they should show up in the 'room admins' list.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events