Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to trigger jenkins build using HipChat

Rahul Dwivedy February 19, 2018

I have integrated jenkins with hipchat and able to get notification related to Build status but i am exploring more to get some solution for triggering jenkins build using Hipchat

2 answers

1 vote
ramiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

This is not supported natively. What I've done in the past is to create a custom integration for this type of behaviors. Here's a guide on how to build an integration using nodejs. Our developer site has examples in other languages as well.

Ankur Kashyap March 14, 2018

@ramiro Thanks for sharing this. Kindly advise on once integrated using nodes JD, do we again need to integrate with Jenkins in order to trigger build from HipChat. If yes how to do this !

0 votes
louisdj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Hi

As far as I know, it is not possible by default. You can create a Hipchat bot to do this with the Jenkins API.

However, I'm not sure why you want to trigger builds from Hipchat, I would recommend to use Bitbucket (or other GIT tool) and automatic build pull requests with a CI/CD pipeline instead.

ramiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

I agree that this is the ideal solution. On my experience, the best flow would be Bitbucket -> Jenkins -> Hipchat (to notify of build status).   cc @Ankur Kashyap

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events