Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to push from Hipchat to Jira?

diogo.guerra September 24, 2016

Is it possible to have some kind of integration between HipChat and JIRA where HipChat pushes content to JIRA? 

Our devops team would like to create an issue, then create a HipChat room based on the issue and ideally either the log of that room or just specific messages (with some kind of identifier or mention) would be attached to JIRA. 

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2016

This feature is mostly build into the standard JIRA HipChat integration already, see section React to change within your favorite chat app:

Reach your team and get to done faster by creating a dedicated HipChat room straight from JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Core.

The HipChat discussions panel looks as follows:

image2016-9-25 14:27:15.png

The initial 'Atlassian Labs' JIRA HipChat Discussions add-on also provided the ability to attach the chat log to the issue after the dedicated room has been deleted (see rightmost screenshot there), but I think this functionality has been removed once the separate add-on has been merged into the official JIRA Integration for HipChat (at least I haven't stumbled over the chat log feature since).

Julia Zastrow September 25, 2016

@Steffen Opel [Utoolity]: To me it seems, that there is just a connection from JIRA to HipChat and not the other way round. I also look for a possibility to push content from HipChat to Jira. Not only comments but also the possibility to close a ticket out of HipChat.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

I'm afraid that's not available yet. However, given the recent integration overhaul outlined in JIRA and HipChat: Now, even better together, I'd expect Atlassian to add resp. quick actions soon, insofar such Custom actions are a notable feature of the new HipChat Connect add-on model.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events