Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to moderate message/posts in HipChat?

Rafał Starzec December 18, 2017

I would like to decide (room admin) which questions will be visible to all chat users.

I'm preparing a chat for all employees of the company where everyone will ask for a questions and the admin will choose which will be visible to everyone?

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi, Rafal!

May we know what is the use case of a moderated room? Understanding the use case in more details could allow us to provide some ideas to achieve a similar behavior without needing to create a dedicated plugin.

For example: if the use case is to have a moderated room to announce certain information to the entire company, perhaps the usage of the RSS add-on could solve the requirements.

Cheers!

Rafał Starzec December 21, 2017

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for recommendation RSS add-on, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Use case is easy, I'll try to explaine.

I'm preparing a live chat for all employee of the company with CEO. Each of employee can ask some question via HipChat posts.

But the admin of room decide which posts/questions will be visible to everyone.

Regards,

Rafał

Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi, Rafal!

Ok. Yeah... Hipchat currently doesn't support this specific scenario. Atlassian does have a tool which would be more suitable for this use case, though:

Questions for Confluence

Cheers!

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2017

Hi Rafal,

I believe what you are looking for is not possible in HipChat. You can't select what words to be visible to the users in the room. It's a chat room so anything that was type will be visible to all user.

Additionally, you could try to use the 1-on-1 with a user that ask the questions and paste it the room if you wish others to see?

Hope this helps.

Rafał Starzec December 20, 2017

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your answer, If it's not possible, I think I try to create dedicated plugin.

Moderated chat it will be very useful option.

Regards,

Rafał

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events