Is it possible to moderate message/posts in HipChat? Edited

I would like to decide (room admin) which questions will be visible to all chat users.

I'm preparing a chat for all employees of the company where everyone will ask for a questions and the admin will choose which will be visible to everyone?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rafal,

I believe what you are looking for is not possible in HipChat. You can't select what words to be visible to the users in the room. It's a chat room so anything that was type will be visible to all user.

Additionally, you could try to use the 1-on-1 with a user that ask the questions and paste it the room if you wish others to see?

Hope this helps.

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your answer, If it's not possible, I think I try to create dedicated plugin.

Moderated chat it will be very useful option.

Regards,

Rafał

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Rafal!

May we know what is the use case of a moderated room? Understanding the use case in more details could allow us to provide some ideas to achieve a similar behavior without needing to create a dedicated plugin.

For example: if the use case is to have a moderated room to announce certain information to the entire company, perhaps the usage of the RSS add-on could solve the requirements.

Cheers!

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for recommendation RSS add-on, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Use case is easy, I'll try to explaine.

I'm preparing a live chat for all employee of the company with CEO. Each of employee can ask some question via HipChat posts.

But the admin of room decide which posts/questions will be visible to everyone.

Regards,

Rafał

Hi, Rafal!

Ok. Yeah... Hipchat currently doesn't support this specific scenario. Atlassian does have a tool which would be more suitable for this use case, though:

Questions for Confluence

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

416 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you