Is it possible to include a hipchat url in a hipchat notification

Bryan_Karsh October 26, 2016

Hi,

This may be a silly question, but I couldn't find anything addressing this in the documentation. 

A co-worker asked me why is it that when notifications from the HipChat Mail handler are sent, that there are no links in the mail that will open the related chat? I'm not sure if he was referring to a link to the related room, or to a 1x1 personal message. Basically, this request is looking for functionality that is in outlook/Skype where you can click on a missed conversation to open the actual conversation.

Can someone explain why links aren't present? We are using HipChat Server. 

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

We have looked into adding something like this in the past, but it can be tricky to get just right given the variety of clients people use (web, desktop, mobile). It has been a while since then, however, and mobile has made strides in making such a flow slightly more friendly, so we might give it another look in our future planning.

Bryan_Karsh October 26, 2016

Thanks Chris – I'm okay with this answer – just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events