Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Hip Chat available as an install rather than VM?

Dave Lloyd October 11, 2018

I was hoping to run up an evaluation server for hip chat, but it see only instructions for an OVA.  eg;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/hipchat-data-center-release-notes-909770898.html

We run openstack and hyper-v which are different formats, but regardless, I do not have that level of access.  I am able to spin up blank ubuntu vm's and from there install whatever packages are required.  Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2018

It's not available in other formats I'm afraid.

I would concentrate on looking for other options though, as the last server version reaches end of life in less than a year, and you'll be advised to move off it.

ok, thanks.  I assumed datacentre would continue.  But if it's only OVA it won't work for us

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2018

Nope, September 2019 is the final end date for the last data centre.  Cloud and earlier data-centres go away earlier.  Hipchat is basically dead (hence the suggestion that you don't waste time on it.  Leave whatever you've got running for now and invest some time in the alternative options)

Having now done a search, I see the irony.  We have limited exposure to slack and was looking to hip chat (which I'd forgotten was being replaced by stride..our confluence/jira still refer to hip-chat) to on-prem the feature-set.  oh well :(

thanks for the heads up

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2018

Yes, we're expecting to see the other products gradually turning off, and eventually dropping all the Stride and Hipchat stuff, replacing it all with Slack.

Problem with Slack is you can't have your own servers.  A lot of people here who need their own have mentioned "mattermost" as a decent option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events