cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration to save or star messages in HipChat

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

-- I fully relinquish any claims to the below idea and release it to the public domain in hopes someone will pick it up and build it --

Can someone build an add-on for HipChat to save messages to the sidebar? This would use a message action to trigger saving and a Sidebar to display saved messages. Ideally the user could choose to save for just themselves (private share / "just for me") or for all users of the room (public share / "for everyone").

image2016-8-2 3:51:49.png

3 answers

0 votes
Ian Dick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2016

I did create something along these lines for internal use. It's been out of action for a little while but I might dig it up look at releasing it publicly. Can't give a timeframe at this point but I'll look into it.

Candace Phelps May 11, 2017

Our team would really love this too!! Personal starring of messages,  a sidebar to see all Starred Messages,  and the ability to un-star.

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

That would be great! For context, this is one of the "major" features pushing someone at our organization to select a competing product over HipChat.

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2016

We actually had it built internally and were using it but it wasn't too popular. Maybe we should release it publicly. cc @Ian Dick

It was exactly how you described it BTW, personal and for-all messages smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events