Integration to save or star messages in HipChat

Daniel Eads Community Champion Aug 01, 2016

-- I fully relinquish any claims to the below idea and release it to the public domain in hopes someone will pick it up and build it --

Can someone build an add-on for HipChat to save messages to the sidebar? This would use a message action to trigger saving and a Sidebar to display saved messages. Ideally the user could choose to save for just themselves (private share / "just for me") or for all users of the room (public share / "for everyone").

image2016-8-2 3:51:49.png

3 answers

0 votes

We actually had it built internally and were using it but it wasn't too popular. Maybe we should release it publicly. cc @Ian Dick

It was exactly how you described it BTW, personal and for-all messages smile

0 votes
Daniel Eads Community Champion Aug 04, 2016

That would be great! For context, this is one of the "major" features pushing someone at our organization to select a competing product over HipChat.

0 votes
Ian Dick Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2016

I did create something along these lines for internal use. It's been out of action for a little while but I might dig it up look at releasing it publicly. Can't give a timeframe at this point but I'll look into it.

Our team would really love this too!! Personal starring of messages,  a sidebar to see all Starred Messages,  and the ability to un-star.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

510 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you