Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Hipchat

Jon Doe September 20, 2016

I read through the API and im pretty positive, that I can catch a user entering a room.

My actual requirement is to connect to the HipChat voice and transmit a recorded audiostream to the user and collect a microphone stream. (Basically voice message delivery + answer delivery back to another user).

Is there any documentation on how to actually Access the voice&mic functionality inside HipChat from a wndows Service or tray application. Im working in .net, so if anyone has a hint for c#, that would be most appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2016

You might be able to accomplish this via an addon: https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/getting-started

In general though, the "HipChat voice" isn't something provided by the API (and isn't really something handled by the app internally at all). If you want to record or play sound, it would need to be completely contained in a separate package/application. That "Getting Started" page above has a pretty good description of the possibilities available to addon developers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events