Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to create a room

Pete Medina (PLC Comm. Eng.) February 25, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Chat in rooms

Cannot create a room. If I cannot create a room, this software is basically useless to me.

2 answers

1 vote
evanmichner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2017

Pete – Also, you may want to check with your admin to make sure your team doesn't have that setting disabled. There are some use cases in which an admin disables the ability to create rooms due to regulatory, security, etc reasons.

danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2017

(facepalm), Sorry Pete, I should have thought of that admin setting. Chances are, that's what's preventing you from creating your own rooms.

0 votes
danny
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2017

Hi Pete, sorry you're having problems with that. That is definitely a main use case of our product and it should be working for you. There are at least 2 different spots you can create a room from our desktop clients. the easiest to find is probably the one at the bottom of the rooms list which is in the left side bar. It says "Create a room".

If you've found that and for some reason it is not working for you, please contact our support team at https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal?utm_source=landingpage#HipChat and they'll get it sorted out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events