Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In StatusPage, is there a way to default to all components toggled OFF when Subscribing?

Deleted user July 11, 2019

We allow our customers to subscribe to email and/or SMS alerts for our products. However, most of our customers only own perhaps 25% of the products we have on the page.

The default for subscriptions is to select all components, so our customers need to Toggle them all off, then select the appropriate components (products) they want to follow. 

Is there a way when a customer subscribes to default to NO components selected, and not allow the completion of the page until they've selected at least one component?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

This is why we went down the route of separate pages for each of our products at Symantec, and it's worked very well (https://status.symantec.com). 

That being said, I'm pretty sure Atlassian have made a change whereby a customer must confirm what components they are to be subscribed too and if they do not, they are no longer subscribed ...

Deleted user July 15, 2019

Thanks, Nick! We're new to StatusPage, so looking at your page gives me some great ideas!

My bigger problem was that we had one internal situation that was flipping multiple products to Performance Degradation, then back to OK, then back, etc., and I wanted to turn everything off (IE, stop all the SMS and email alerts) at once to triage. Many of our customers have a combination of products, so they would be signed up for multiple.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events