Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved notifications in Data Center?

Torbjörn Richter February 15, 2018

Hi

In January there was a Hipchat Server release 2.2.8 that included improvements for notifications.

This is really a topic that users have been complaining about where I work, but my question is if these improvements are included in Data Center? I cant find anything about it in any Data Center Release and that's where we are heading.

Also any opinions about the notification improvements? Are they any clearer? Is it more easier to see what messages have been read and not read?

thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Hi Torbjörn,

Presently, the unread message feature is not included in the latest HipChat Data Center version (which is 3.1.3 as of this writing), however it will be added to a future version, coming very soon. Apologies for the confusion on that.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Support Engineer | Atlassian

Torbjörn Richter February 20, 2018

ok thanks for the reply

0 votes
Jason Bishop June 5, 2018

@David Maye

Hi,

I'm currently using the latest version of HipChat Data Center (version 3.1.4).  Myself and fellow colleges have been using it about a month now. 

Will there be any updated notification improvements for iOS & Android clients in the next release?  Most of the users are mobile and use the mobile clients primarily. We have been forced to use aliases and DM's to get peoples attention via email notifications, since there are literally no push notification support.  This is what is needed, and what I am asking - push notifications.

Also, when will the next release be available?

Thanks,

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events