If I shut computer app down (computer shut off), Android app logs me out and I can't get back in

Laura Walberg February 23, 2018

I run the Hipchat app on both my Windows laptop as well as my Android. When I shut down my computer, the app on my Android logs me out and I cannot log back in.

I've checked all of the available settings, and I've explored all of the available touchpoints in both apps to no avail.

Please tell me I do not have to keep my computer running 24/7 in order to remain connected to my team when not at my computer?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Where are you running the Hipchat Server?  Is it Cloud, or on your machine, or in a data centre?

cloud

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Them no, something odd is set up on your computer.  If I log out of hipchat on this laptop, or shut it down, I remain connected on my Android phone.

Can you re-login on the phone after it bins you while the computer is shut down?

Hipchat wasn't allowing me to re-login, no.

I went ahead and did a reinstall and it appears that may have done the trick...at least so far.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events