Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received the configure HipChat beta Server error message all suggestions welcomed

Terry Moore January 3, 2015

I just opened a new HipChat beta server account

I'm Screen_Shot_20150104_at_12035_pm (2).pngusing AWS and received error license is too long

Where can I get a shorter license that works.

Will I need to update the download license in the new account I just opened 2-3 days ago or is the current update to 1.1.4 included already in my download being a recent download?

Thanks ahead of time ; )

5 answers

0 votes
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hi Terry,

The license pasted to the web UI isn't complete. Notice the license text ends with =X02ff

You can receive 1:1 technical support by emailing server-support@hipchat.com.

Best,

Will

0 votes
Terry Moore January 4, 2015

Also I have the following questions I could use answer's to each.

When the following license I have for HipChat server license the max of user at anyone given time is 5000?
or is this normal setting?
or is this total 5000 seperated into smaller numbers for optimizing the performance of Hip Chat, please explain.
Here are a few other question I need answers too, please.
So using AWS Amazon server license any app that has more than 500+ active users will not run on one box no matter how big the box is, vertical scaling is not a good solution. 

I need the next question answer also:
Did you check with HipChat guys to see if they support AWS AutoScaling or if their software can "keep session data on DB" rather than on the web servers? 

This way we can scale up number of web servers running when there are lot's of users automatically and scale them down when there is not that many users.

Please provide detail solutions to the above concerns

Thanks,
Terry
0 votes

1 05 2015 Screen shot shows original email with exact code I sent you I copied n pasted from.JPG

I copied directly from this email I received from your support staff email.

Thanks,

Terry

0 votes

Hello,

The attached screen shot is from original email I received from support@HipChat.com
The license was copied and pasted as you can see for yourself.
Please forward solution to this license issue at the earliest convenience.
Thank's,
Terry
Also the second attachment this error message could you tell me what it may be related too?
1 05 2015 Your connectin is not privat attackers might be trying to steal your information.JPG
0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2015

Hi Terry,

The license key is invalid. I believe there's more to it. Can you double check the HipChat Server License email and copy-paste the entire license again. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events