I don't receive a visible pop up on my phone when the new message is coming

I don't see any sign of new message arrive on my phone I have to go true each chat room and check the date

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Paolo,

If you are referring to Push notifications, please make sure that you are meeting the specific requirements for this feature to work correctly, which are: 

• Being logged out or away/idle from all other clients (web, desktop, other mobile apps, etc.).
  • Being @mentioned on a room or receiving a private 1-1 message. Any other type of message won't trigger Push notifications.
  • Have Push notifications enabled on the client itself.
  • Allow Push notifications for the app in the OS system (Android, iOS, etc).
  • Keep the client active (by active we mean connected to the internet and running in the background).
  • Being logged out/offline from all clients.

For further details, you can also check the Get and Set Notifications page of our documentation: 

Now, if you do receive Push notifications properly, but only don't see the unread badge indicating a new message, you're likely running into another kind of issue that would require some further investigation. For that, please file a request with the HipChat support team at https://support.atlassian.com/. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 19, 2018 in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

14,703 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you