I cannot find any process to create a add-on for hipchat and implement it?

Particularly there is no process mentioned about how to create a add-on,however a simple process is given to send a notification that's  it......what I want to know is how to create a add-on and then put it in the market place and from there my friend could install the add-on and work as needed.....please share the detailed information.

1 answer

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Aug 14, 2017

Hi Ayan,

Here are some tutorials for building add-ons with Hipchat:

If you want to put it in the marketplace, then it will probably have to be a full add-on (https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/tutorials/getting-started-with-atlassian-connect-express-node-js).

The first link is of no use......it just tells a few steps how to send notification and then test it with requestbin.

Where is the add-on /plugin??

I have followed the preProcedure for adding the plugin but since I haven't  created the plugin its of no use.

Please tell me a way to create a plugin for notification or guide me through a website or something....

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Aug 14, 2017

You should be able to use the second link to be able to create a sample add-on by following the steps. Unfortunately, that's about as easy as it gets. If you don't understand what's written there, then it will be difficult to write your own Hipchat add-on.

Alternatively, you could look on bitbucket/github for some project that is similar to what you are trying to achieve and copy from there.

Please note that I have not made a Hipchat add-on myself, so I cannot give you much guidance beyond that.

Ok ....

The Video tutorial doesn't help and I do have followed the steps it isn't of much use....

Thanks for giving me the idea of bitbucket i will check that out.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

470 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot