I can't delete any Hipchat room chat history!!

Practice Manager July 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Chat history

OK, I've read all the articles regarding chat history, history retention & deleting chats/messages. But I simply can't find a way to delete any chats between any users in our one HipChat room. We're using Hipchat free with only 4 users. I've tried following the relevant knowledge base article about deleting messages, have logged into HipChat browser as the group admin, and no luck. Help!

Kirk

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2016

You should see [Delete messages and files|https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/delete-messages-and-files-751698289.html] if it helps.

If you're not a HipChat admin and they have restrict only admins could delete messages, please reach out to your HipChat admin to delete the messages for you.

vladimirnikolic July 4, 2017

Hi, i am admin and as per link you provided to doc, there is no History in the left menu bar.
Not on Mac desktop app and not on browser app.
I am not able to delete messages

soporte@nautyblue.com December 19, 2017

same situation... i'm admin, doing some test, on production stage, now we want to clear to start deployment, but can't delete anything... :(

it's absurd , simple as "delete message"

0 votes
mattervr-moliver February 8, 2017

not seeing the History button anywhere.  Someone have a screenshot they can share?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2017

It's not in the client, in case you were looking there, it's in the web interface:

History.png

Practice Manager April 30, 2017

OK, so I've got my room pref's set to 'Retain all History'. Yet when I log-in as Admin & try to manage Chat History in that room, I get this error. I just changed the 'History retention' pref a few minutes ago - does this setting change take a while to propogate?

Capture.JPG

Practice Manager May 9, 2017

Anyone? Bueller? *crickets*

0 votes
Practice Manager July 19, 2016

Thx Edwin - didn't realise I wasn't logged in as admin, which has same credentials as my HipChat user profile (ie I'm the admin & the user). I discovered the 'Admin Log-in' button, all is now good thx.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events