How to stop the incessant update nag?

In the past few days my HipChat client has started nagging me to update every few minutes, on rare occasions when I click 'remind me later' it goes away but most of the time it just freezes up the app and I have to force-quit and restart HipChat.

For my own reasons I do not want to update at this time - how can I stop the update nag?  I cannot find any setting to tell it to stop checking for updates, or at least to have it check only once per day instead of every few minutes....this has become extremely annoying :-(

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Trisha,

I believe there's an option to skip the version which will stop the auto-update popup until there's a new version. I would suggest using that to stop the update notification.

Let me know how it goes.

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for the reply, but no there is no option to 'skip' - the only options are 'remind me later' (which is only minutes, with no option to say 'remind me next week') or 'Install update'.

This has gotten SO annoying for all of us on our Team that we are considering abandoning HipChat and going to Slack....

Hi Trisha,

Sorry to hear that, could you raise a ticket with us and we'd be happy to troubleshoot this issue further at

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

458 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot