Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a Dialog from a bot

cicbot April 7, 2017

Hi guys,

first of all, I'm asuming that hipchat bots can only be made using XMPP, you can't chat to an add-on since addons only listen of what happens in the specified rooms.

So, how do I show a dialog from a bot? Let's say When the user talks to the bot, and the bot asks him to enter a date, the bot shows a dialog with a timepicker. For example:

```

user: I want to make a reservation

bot: Ok, please select a date

bot: *timepicker dialog shows*

user: *selects a date in the timepicker, then dialog closes*

bot: You selected dd/mm/yyy

```

thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2017

Currently, the addon UX points (showing dialogs, glances, action buttons, etc) aren't available to XMPP bots (which basically function like regular users connected to HipChat with an "AI" behind them). If you're looking to make functionality generally available to all users in your group, you could consider installing a global addon, which would be accessible from any room.

In the future, we do hope to add 1-1 functionality to addons, which would help enable the functionality you're talking about (users sending a message to a "bot" which then responds directly to them). We don't yet have a timeline for when something that will be implemented, however.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events