Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass working HTML in "description" field when integrating via descriptor URL?

Konstantin Boyandin November 2, 2016

Using: hipchat.com-hosted HipChat team.

When I integrate my app using descriptor URL, one of the field passed in its JSON is "description".

Unfortunately, it only passes plain text, visible in "Overview" tab for installed apps. How can I insert HTML, to display it on "Overview" page? When I try using HTML in there, it still displays it as plain text.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Oates
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2016

It is not possible to embed HTML into the description field of your descriptor.

Our integration installation pages pull information from a couple of sources during rendering. In particular information like the images etc actually come from our Marketplace site (marketplace.atlassian.com). If you are planning on listing your integration publically you will have an opportunity to fill out this information as part of the registration process.

Additionally we have an iframe that is rendered in the installation screens after your integration has been installed.  This can be specified via the configurable capability https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/configurable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events