Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Hipchat

Bruce Chezem January 12, 2015

I just installed JIRA Service Desk and I want to use HipChat as well.   We've been using HipChat as part of a customer team for one of our vendors.  Now, whenever I go to HipChat, I can only get to our vendor's instance of HIpChat. 

How can I get to and set up and configure my company's instance of HipChat?

1 answer

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Hi Bruce,

You can create your own HipChat group at www.hipchat.com as it is free for unlimited users with the Basic tier. If your email address was used to sign up for another HipChat group, then you have two options. You can sign up for a new HipChat group using another email address or you can contact the admin of the previous HC group and ask them to delete your account (assuming you no longer need it). This will free up the email address to be used in another HC group. 

We also have HipChat Server beta available (free until March 31st) which you can sign up for at www.hipchat.com/server. If you're interested, you can look through the install guide here. Please note that when HC Server is released, there will not be a 'free' tier as with the HipChat.com service and we haven't announced pricing publicly yet.

Hope this helps! If you have any issues, you can always contact us at support@hipchat.com.

Cheers,
-David
Atlassian HipChat Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events