Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install HipChat server on dedicated server with centos?

Claudio_Bota January 26, 2017

Hello everyone,

This is my final attempt to install HipChat server on my dedicated server and integrate with the rest of the apps. First of all, I am a rookie in those stuff, so I did some researches but I do not know if I got them right.

My dedicated server runs on CentOS 6 and it has installed an entire web server with cPanel and WHM. I installed VirtualBox and used the following command to import HipChat OVA image:

vboxmanage import --vsys 0 --eula accept

After that, I run the virtualbox using the following command:

vboxmanage startvm HipChat_Server_2.0 --type headless

Now here is the tricky part, how can I connect to it? How can I configure it? I have no idea what I am doing.

3 answers

1 vote
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2017

It sounds like you might need some help from our support team. If you go to https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/31 you can file an issue and the team will help you diagnose the problem and get you set up and chatting as soon as possible smile

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2017

Hi Claudio,

The support.atlassian.com support ticket creation process asks for the SEN (support entitlement number) not the Server ID. The SEN (as well as the Server ID) can be found on your my.atlassian.com account (as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=229840018#HowtofindyourSupportEntitlementNumber(SEN)-Ifyou’reabillingortechnicalcontactwithoutproductaccess), under where the evaluation HipChat Server license resides. Once you have that, you should be able to create a new ticket and we can help out.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Claudio_Bota January 27, 2017

Let me put it this way. I do not have an evaluatian HipChat server license, when I downloaded it, it didn't ask me anything. Secondly, I do have SEN codes for my Bitbucket and JIRA, but not for HipChat as, like I previously stated, I couldn't obtain one.

If I request an evaluation license for HipChat, it asks for Server ID (even though I select "not installed yet") so it is not possible for me to obtain an evaluation license key without the HipChat Setup Wizard and give the SEN code.

And I cannot reach the setup wizard because that's why I've asked for support in the first place.

David Maye
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2017

Hi Claudio,

Please reach out to the advocate team to help generate the HCS license: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

Afterwards, please let them know to file a support ticket for HipChat Server support and we can assist.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

0 votes
Claudio_Bota January 27, 2017

I cannot really do that as when I go to "Installation Support" it asks for my server ID which I do not know, considering I never reached the configuration page of it. I only have my JIRA and Bitbucket server id.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events