How to implement full-view in a sidebar of a glance in hipchat ?

Hi,

I am trying to implement a sidebar where you could click on items in a list and it would then show a more detailed page about the item with a back button on top to come back to the list page of the sidebar. It is pretty much the "full view" that is described in the sidebar documentation page of the hipchat guide :

Full views are used to display more detailed information - like a single issue. Views allow users to take specialized actions, and are often a jumping off point to the application itself. Full views are typically used to:

• Display more information about an object or card
  • Allow users to take specialized actions (e.g. acknowledge an incident).

And in the sidebar styleguide page :

Full views are used to display more detailed information that wouldn't fit into a chat card. These are typically comprised of different elements. Full views can be directly navigated from the glance or the card.Use a full view layout when displaying information that: 

• Comprises multiple data types.
  • Does not require direct comparison (a user is not directly comparing images or text).
  • Is more than three lines of text, images, links, or key value pairs.

ContentFull views must have a back button to navigate back to the list view or glance.

The thing is I can't find any examples anywhere of a full view implementation and I don't know if this is possible only with the hipchat connect AUI, or if it is something completely unrelated done in HTML or javascript.

Thank you for your help !

1 answer

0 vote
Edwin Ho Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2017

Hi Nico.

You will have to create an add-on first before declaring a sidebar view.

As a start, why not try creating an add-on using atlassian-connect-express (Node.js) and complete the prerequisites?

Thanks.
Edwin

Hi there thanks for your answer !
Actually I already created addons (glances and sidebars) the thing is I only know how to create a list view inside the sidebar, but have no clue on how to implement the sidebar view using the hipchat AUI javascript library, as I'm using powershell and not node.js.

Is the only way to use the node.js library you mentionned ?
Thanks a lot !

Nico

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 19, 2018 in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

17,418 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you