It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to format inline code in HipChat?

Michael Doo Feb 07, 2017

Is there any way to do inline code in HipChat? I know \code gives you a whole block (similar to triple back ticks in some applications) but what about a sentence? This is supported in Slack as well as Markdown. Basically, this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 11.10.29 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Christopher Rivers Atlassian Team Feb 10, 2017

Currently, the chat display doesn't support inline code formatting. Adding some markdown support (including inline formatting) is definitely something we hope to add. You can vote/watch on the feature suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-300. That way you'll get updates on any research we hope to do and any progress or updates we make.

Steve Hunter May 23, 2017

That's a bold omission.

Clint Buhs Apr 23, 2018

And still we wait, a year later. This would greatly facilitate conversations with my co-developers. 

Irshad Farook Jul 26, 2018
still waiting ..
Rajanand Kuttappan I'm New Here Dec 06, 2018

waiting ...

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

33,158 views 7 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you