How to enable preview of an attachment in HipChat desktop version

Stephan van der Linde June 26, 2017

This question is specific to HipChat, but there was no tag for it. Sorry if that caused confusion.

I have an attachment in HipChat desktop application which, upon click does not load a preview. However, when I use the web application with internet explorer, it does no problem. Is there some setting in the desktop app I need to enable?

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Stephan van der Linde June 30, 2017

Hi Ann

Below is a screenshot. I uploaded 3 files: 2 pdf, image and docx. The image works, docx and .pdf's doesnt work neither. One is 100K and the other 1.3MB.

I downloaded the app from the hipchat website 2 weeks ago, so I suspect it is up to date. Can I update it from within the application?Hipchat preview issue.PNG

0 votes
Stephan van der Linde June 28, 2017

Hi Ann

Thanks for the reply. The file in question is a pdf file.  Image files seem to work just fine.

Thanks

Stephan

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

I just previewed a .pdf in the HipChat desktop client Version 4.30.0.740 for Mac and it worked. 

Please let me know: If you try with a different .pdf does the preview work? Do you have the latest client for your desktop OS? (Doing my best to isolate the issue :) )

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2017

The attachment should appear in a lightbox preview when you click on it in the desktop client. There isn't a setting to turn that off.

You mention an attachment, it it every attachment that won't preview or is it one attachment? Also, I asked HipChat support and they were curious what file type it is, .pdf, .png, .doc etc?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events