It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to deploy HipChat AWS CloudFormation

Hi!

I am deploying hipchat with this link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hipchat-server-stable/dc/production/templates/quickstart-hipchat-master.template

I try to the regions describe at documentation link, https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/hipchat-data-center-supported-platforms-939943186.html, and got Failed/Rollback at all of then.

I received diferent errors on each region

Anybody have success on deploy through AWS CloudFormation?

With region to use?

Any Advice?

TKS!!

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Jul 05, 2018

Hi there.

Let us try to understand the issue a little bit better by understanding the error that you are seeing when the deployment failed.

Firstly, ensure that you have the disable the Rollback option as mentioned in the Deploy Hipchat Data Center on AWS documentation:

If you are troubleshooting a CloudFormation based deployment, you might want to select "disable rollback". See the AWS Cloud Formation troubleshooting guide for more information.

After that, let us look at the guide provided by Amazon to understand why the deployment failed - Troubleshooting AWS CloudFormation. Can you share what error you are seeing AWS CloudFormation console under the Events tab? If possible, can you extend the message so we can gather more details on the error as well?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,235 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you