How-to automatically add a new user to a room

I manage HipChat for my organization. I would like to have a default HipChat room that has some basic guidelines in it on how we use HipChat (e.g. room naming conventions). I would like to have a macro that automatically adds all new users to this default room so I know they see the message history. I did a search and didn't find anything. Does anyone else have the same need or seen a macro that does this?

1 answer

No macro, but HipChat Command Line Interface (CLI) has actions that will allow you to do things like that using automation. For this case you want the addRoomMembers action to quickly add a list of users.

Thanks for the suggestion. We already use a number of your Confluence add-ons. I will take a look.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

491 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you