How migrate Hipchat Server to Hipchat Data Center only 1 host for a small deployment?

Our company hase less 50 users (active 10). We use Atlassian HipChat Server 2.2.4 and want migrate to Hipchat Data Center. 

Has simply way to Deploy Hipchat Data Center by Vmware OVA and migrate from HipChat Server?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Jul 03, 2017

Hi Vitaliy,

To deploy HipChat Data Center in VMware, you will need to individually deploy and configure:

• a PostgreSQL database
  • a Redis database server
  • a reverse proxy or load balancer

From there, you will deploy a HipChat Data Center node using the OVA we suppy.

When the Data Center node is up and running, you will use the command-line interface/terminal to configure the node to connect to the external PostgreSQL, Redis, and proxy/load balancer servers.

Each of these services will need to be able to communicate with each other over your network. We'd recommend only exposing the reverse proxy/load balancer to your users over the network, since that's how they'll connect to use HipChat. Your users should not be able to connect directly to the database servers or the HipChat Data Center node itself.

For more detail, I would recommend reading through the HipChat Data Center system requirements and then Deploy HipChat Data Center manually.

The system requirements will give you more information about how to set up the external components, then the deployment guide will take you through setting up the HipChat Data Center node.

I hope that helps!

This widget could not be displayed.

In Hipchat Server was all in one. Simple deploy by ova in VMWare server. Now need more resources for create HipChat Data Center with one Node.

Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Jul 03, 2017

You are correct. HipChat Data Center requires more than a single OVA deployed to VMware - you will need to install external resources to which HipChat Data Center will connect.

I neglected to provide a piece of documentation that may help to clarify the migration process in my last response:

Migrate from HipChat Server to HipChat Data Center

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

369 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you