Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove a user from a HipChat room?

Keith Slater December 17, 2015

Under the Room menu there is a greyed out option that says "Remove From Room." How do you use this option to remove some one from a room?

2 answers

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2015

Hi Keith,

This option is only available for private rooms for room admin's (the creator of the room) or group admin's of the HipChat group. 

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

I am a Group Admin as well as the Room Admin. My name is bold in the room. This is also a private room.

David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2015

Thanks Keith. Please reach to our support folks at support.atlassian.com and please include the client version and room (if on Cloud) you are seeing this with so we can help troubleshoot this. Cheers, -David HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Hi Keith,

You need to be a Group Administrator or the Room Admin to remove someone from a HipChat room. The room owner/admin is indicated by having a bold name in the right-hand sidebar. You can also find the owner on the list of all rooms you have access to in HipChat's web interface: hipchat.com/rooms

Your Group Administrator(s) (if they have permission to be in the room you're trying to remove someone from) or the Room Admin will see this dialogue when they click the Remove From Room... button:

image2015-12-17 14:23:11.png

Then they just use the checkboxes to select which users to remove and hit OK.

It's worth noting that this option is only available for Private rooms. Public rooms won't have this option.

I am a Group Admin as well as the Room Admin. My name is bold in the room. This is also a private room.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events