It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you find/search for HipChat Admins

What is the easiest way to search HipChat to find all users that have Admin privileges?

I'm not looking for Room Admins, I am looking for HipChat System Admins.

1 answer

0 votes
Zach Atlassian Team Feb 22, 2018

Hey Jeanne, 

The best way to see users permissions levels is to look at a groups users permissions levels is to log into hipchat.com/admin/users then look at the 'Roles' column in the users table on the page. 

Let me know if this helps. 

We have over 3000 users in HipChat, I really don't want to have to scroll through all the users to find the admins. Was hoping for a search option.

Zach Atlassian Team Feb 22, 2018

We don't have a feature for this type of reporting at the moment. However, if you'd like to put in a support ticket, I'd be happy to work with you on getting a list of current admins within your group :D 

Zach,

I initiated a data export yesterday for our HipChat instance. I never received an email stating it was ready to download. Is this something you can check on?

Jeanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,188 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you