How do you create groups of users within your company?

xunil76 January 19, 2018

Our company is using HipChat for messaging, but I cannot find a way to create user groups within that main group.  For instance, I want to create a "folder" (for lack of a better term) that contains all the people I interact with in our R&D department, instead of having to either start typing someone's name or searching through a list of thousands of contacts within the company.  Then the same again for the Accounting dept, and our Help Desk, etc.

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi, xunil76.

As of now, HipChat does not have a feature that allows the admins to create sub-groups to categorize users who belong to different departments / teams. Check out the ongoing discussion here:

I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

Feedbacks are also appreciated! You can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request. Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events