Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove / block emoticons?

Michael Winlo April 28, 2016

I work in a health organisation. We like HipChat but the (fuckyeah) and (sweetjesus) emoticons are causing problems and I'd like to know how to disable those 2 specifically. 

How can I do this? With thanks,

Michael

2 answers

1 vote
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2016

Unfortunately, there isn't way to disable specific emoticons globally. You can upload a group-specific emoticon on top of the global version by going to hipchat.com/emoticons which helps resolve issues with the images, but there's no way to remove the shortcuts themselves.

We do have plans to revamp the emoticon options in general, which will offer a greater amount of customization. Those changes are still in design, though, so won't be out particularly soon.

0 votes
Gary Miner July 21, 2016

I completely agree. I am having a hard enough time getting our company off of lync, and questionable emoticons like this will give HR plenty of reason to simply say no. Why can't you Atlassian simply remove these two emoticons from global and people who want them can add them manually later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events