How do I prevent my users from logging into our office intranet HIPCHAT from their homes?

Francis Campos February 18, 2017

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2017

If you're running HipChat as a server, you can firewall it off from the internet.  If you're running it in the Cloud, then you can't stop people using it from where ever they want - it's public.

I'm not sure why you'd want to reduce the range and usefulness of a system designed to help people work together when they're not co-located though.

Francis Campos February 18, 2017

Thank  you for the quick reply. We wanted to limit users to send out files and other important information that they can access from their homes. Our computers have locked USB and other services / websites that they can use to send out sensitive information. 

Was wondering if there was a feature that the user if trying to login from outside the office will need authentication so only admins can login from their homes. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events