Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make HipChat automatically reconnect after my computer resumes from standby? Every time I resume my computer, I must log out of hipchat and log back in. Also, how to have HipChat remember my login information?

Deleted user May 17, 2016

14 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2016

Looks like most commenters here are Windows users. For Windows users specifically, there is a public bug logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-660. You can watch that bug for updates.

A new version (1341) was released yesterday. This version has improvements to reconnection. You can find it on the HipChat downloads page. If you are still having issues reconnecting after hibernate or switch networks, please contact support@hipchat.com.

Jason Sheneman May 27, 2016

Thanks for the bug link.   Latest version still has the problem.

Jason Sheneman June 1, 2016

For those still watching this thread, the latest release (1643) appears to resolve the issue.  I've been good for several days now.

Deleted user June 2, 2016

As Jason has mentioned, the problem appears to be fixed in version 1643.  

2 votes
Chris Purser May 18, 2016

Same problem here, twice a day.  Please bring back any solution you have to this question so others can benefit from it.  I'll do the same.

1 vote
kevin_kerber May 18, 2016

I have also been having this problem every day.  I'm on Windows 7.

kevin_kerber May 18, 2016

@Gary Pratt - I don't think you should be marking this as the "answer" as it doesn't solve the problem, just adds more details.  I'd leave the question unanswered until you get a response that solves the issue.

Deleted user May 20, 2016

Roger that.  When viewing on my phone, its easy to mistake an answer for a comment.

0 votes
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2016

That is great news Gary!

0 votes
Deleted user June 2, 2016

HipChat version 1643 has fixed the issue for me.  

0 votes
Melody KirkWagner May 26, 2016

Me, too. And right here...I had logged into this site 30 seconds earlier and when I up voted, it told me to log in! ACK.

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2016

@jason sheneman - don't forget to upvote the issue.  

0 votes
Jason Sheneman May 24, 2016

Same issue here as well.  latest client and windows 7.

0 votes
Deleted user May 23, 2016

Response from HipChat:  

Hi Gary,

My name is Stephen George, Customer Insights Manager for HipChat. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Customer feedback is our life blood; we're always listening and working hard to deliver the features and experience you need to do your best work.

Over the next few months we're focused on nailing core areas for HipChat including:

1. Notifications - receive every ping regardless of where you are or what device you're on.
  2. Connectivity - you're connected and it works, period.
  3. Reliability - making sure HipChat works as naturally as water flows.
  4. Experience - we've rebuilt our Windows and Mac apps from the ground up based on feedback like yours, and there's more to come!

We know how heavily you rely on HipChat and we're excited to share everything we have in store. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on the latest and greatest.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for taking part in Atlassian's product development process. (yourock)

Cheers,
Stephen George
Customer Insights Manager

0 votes
Penny Longman May 20, 2016

Win 8 on Lenovo X1 carbon

0 votes

I'm running Windows 7 pro on a Lenovo W550s

0 votes
Mike Diehn May 20, 2016

Download and install the hipchat native client. Use it instead of the browser client. It will remember your authentication settings between sessions. When you computer wakes after sleeping or hibernating, it will pick up where it left off. If it crashes, you start it again like any other application instead of having to find the URL and reauthenticate.

And it's way cooler.

smile

As you can see from the comments below, it seems maybe the HipChat native client for Windows isn't doing so well for everyone. After I posted this, I check with some of the staff here that run on Windows and they said the same as everyone here has. Happily for me, I only have to run on Linux, and that native client is doing really well for me.

Sorry, folks!

Thanks for the advice Mike.  Unfortunately, I am already using the client.  That is where these issues occur.  

Penny Longman May 20, 2016

Unfortunately no it doesn't, that's the issue. I have the same issue, after sleep it loses the connection and I have to log in again.

Hubert Kowalski May 20, 2016

Problem occurs with HipChat native client.

Chris Purser May 21, 2016

Yes for me this is the ONLY place it occurs.  I switched to the browser version and don't have this issue at all there. But I'd prefer the native client, if it stopped failing 3 times per day.

0 votes
Hubert Kowalski May 19, 2016

It happens to me also. Windows 7 Pro on Dell.

0 votes
Penny Longman May 19, 2016

I have the same issue, very frustrating for laptop users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events