How do I get the latest version of the HipChat for JIRA Add-On

I am running JIRA server 6.3.7 and trying to test out integration with HipChat.

Looking in the add-on manager, I see that I have version 1.3.4 of the HipChat for JIRA add-on installed. If I search for this add-on in the Marketplace, I see that a significantly newer version is available (6.14.0). However, there is no indication in the JIRA add-on manager that an update is available, even though my version of JIRA supports this version of the HipChat for JIRA add-on.

I'm wondering what the appropriate procedure is for obtaining the latest version. Do I just download the add-on and install in manually? Or is there something I need to do to get the add-on manager to recognize that an update is available?

Thank you for the help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Stephen,

There is a bug in marketplace were UPM wouldn't offer you an upgrade if your current installed version is not listed in marketplace. Looks like v1.3.4 is not listed there – you hit that problem.

I have uploaded the old version and now UPM will offer you to upgrade.

Hi Anatoli, Looks like that was the issue. I now see an update is available for HipChat and can download. Thank you very much for your help! Much appreciated. -- Stephen

0 vote

Yes, download the add-on and upload it via UPM.

Hi Jobin, This is what I meant by installing manually - I'm aware that I could use that method. My question was more along the lines of: is there a reason why the UPM is not recognizing that an update to the HipChat add-on is available? Is it the intended procedure that I update manually? Or should the UPM see that an update is available? Thank you. -- Stephen

UPM should see that. Not sure why it is not showing you the update option.

That's what I figured as well - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Looks like a ticket to Atlassian support is needed here. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

470 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot