cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the latest version of the HipChat for JIRA Add-On

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

I am running JIRA server 6.3.7 and trying to test out integration with HipChat.

Looking in the add-on manager, I see that I have version 1.3.4 of the HipChat for JIRA add-on installed. If I search for this add-on in the Marketplace, I see that a significantly newer version is available (6.14.0). However, there is no indication in the JIRA add-on manager that an update is available, even though my version of JIRA supports this version of the HipChat for JIRA add-on.

I'm wondering what the appropriate procedure is for obtaining the latest version. Do I just download the add-on and install in manually? Or is there something I need to do to get the add-on manager to recognize that an update is available?

Thank you for the help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2015

Hi Stephen,

There is a bug in marketplace were UPM wouldn't offer you an upgrade if your current installed version is not listed in marketplace. Looks like v1.3.4 is not listed there – you hit that problem.

I have uploaded the old version and now UPM will offer you to upgrade.

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Hi Anatoli, Looks like that was the issue. I now see an update is available for HipChat and can download. Thank you very much for your help! Much appreciated. -- Stephen

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Yes, download the add-on and upload it via UPM.

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Hi Jobin, This is what I meant by installing manually - I'm aware that I could use that method. My question was more along the lines of: is there a reason why the UPM is not recognizing that an update to the HipChat add-on is available? Is it the intended procedure that I update manually? Or should the UPM see that an update is available? Thank you. -- Stephen

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

UPM should see that. Not sure why it is not showing you the update option.

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

That's what I figured as well - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Looks like a ticket to Atlassian support is needed here. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events