How do I get set HipChat to send me notifications when specific users return from Away or Do Not Disturb?

As in, receive notifications similar to when my @ name is mentioned, but when User X changes from Do Not Disturb or Away to Available.

Surely there must be a way - this would be extremely useful and help improve my efficiency greatly. I can't be the first one to ask. 

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Nicholas,
Here on this document you can check all the customisations for your hip chat, follow link below.
I'd recommend to create a Room for the people you need.

HipChat Settings

I hope this helps!

Lorenzo,

I have already perused all of the available basic customization options, which is why I'm posting here. smile

I was hoping there was some extra setting somewhere I was missing, or if there was a plugin or something that might do what I want. (I already looked through several pages of the plugins, so again your expertise is what I require here.)

Can you explain why creating a room as you said, would help? I don't believe I have this option but if it had useful possibilities regarding my question, I could let my supervisors know.

Thanks! 

Nicholas, I tried to find some alternative for you but I ended up not finding something that suited your needs. But you can check some integrations for HipChat here:

Sorry for not being able to help.

About creating a room, it would make visually easier to track the contacts you need only, you still would have to check it manually.

Best Regards.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

Background While our Hipchat server environment was reliable and performing well, as a significant and growing part of our business, the need to leverage the benefits of Hipchat Data Center&nbs...

460 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you