Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add global emoticons to a chat?

Ju Lo January 18, 2017

I see the global emotions when I go to hipchat.com/emotions, but how do I actually ADD them to a chat? When I hover over one, it becomes a grey puzzle piece. Clicking, double clicking, and dragging all do nothing. What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2017

You type them directly into the chat input by putting them in parenthesis, e.g. (boom)

Like so: https://www.screencast.com/t/n7649WXja8H

J.J. Zucal January 20, 2017

Thanks, Daniel.  I recently joined a chat room and had the same question.  Other question: does the command have to be typed in each time or just once and the emoticon becomes part of my box?

danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2017

Hi J.J., once you type '(' and then the first letter of the emoticon you want to use, you will see some autocomplete options appear. As soon as you see the option you are looking for, you can select and choose it. So you don't have to type the entire emoticon name every single time, but you need to type enough of it to choose it from the autocomplete list. Take a look at the video I included in the answer and you'll see what I mean. Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events