Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access the database of Hipchat?

Jingoo Kim October 11, 2016

Hi, 

I have a question.

I installed the HipChat server using the ova file.

Then occurred several problems.(some configuration problem)

So, I need to access the database of HipChat to solve it.

How can I access the database of Hipchat?

Please tell me how to access the database.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2016

Hi Jingoo,

Before you start editing files in HipChat Server, please be aware that any direct configuration outside of the 'hipchat' commands may be overwritten with default values upon reboot/upgrade. For a list of commands that will persist, simply type in 'hipchat' and hit enter.

Also, please be aware any modifications made with root are not supported:

sudo dont-blame-hipchat

Lastly, check out the deployment guide to help with setup: https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/deploying-hipchat-server-609944387.html

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Too bad this result comes up first and successfully skirts answering the question (eyeroll).

Like Nathanael Motz likes this
Like Steven F Behnke likes this
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

@Nathanael Motz You're an absolute treasure and I miss you greatly

Nathanael Motz June 7, 2019

Thanks @Steven F Behnke, your comment made my day. The feeling is mutual.

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2019

Hi again,

For those trying to get into the database (HCS MariaDB), you can use the following to get in the _hipchat_ db:

DBPASS=$(awk '/"pass"/ {gsub(/[",]/,"");print $2}' /hipchat/config/site.json) && mysql -uroot -p$DBPASS hipchat

You can use exit to get back to the CLI. Only three years too late here (coneofshame), I misread the question.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Premier Support Engineer II | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events