Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I trigger an addon update for hipchat connect plugins?

thomasv314 June 17, 2016

I'm working on a HipChat connect plugin and I'd like to add new glances and dialogs to the `atlassian-connect.json` file.

How can I trigger an update for HipChat clients to get the new glances and dialogs?

2 answers

2 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2016

Hi Thomas,

Right now users will have to re-install your add-on to get an update. But we are currently working on the mechanism where all the add-ons will automatically get upgraded when a new version becomes available on marketplace.atlassian.com . We prompt users to manually trigger update and accept permissions if scopes change in the new version. But if scopes don't change the upgrade will happen for people transparently. We expect this functionality to roll out in the next month of so if we don't hit any problems (but cannot promise a particular timeframe).

jb April 24, 2017

Is it possible to do this with private addons not listed in the marketplace?

0 votes
David Yu October 31, 2017

Same issue here...we have a private addon. Any time I add new capabilities, I have to uninstall the add-on and reinstall in each room it was previously in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events