Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I switch groups ?

Angel Davila November 21, 2016

Hi,

When I signed in, I've created a test group to see how things were working, and now that I received the invit from the group I really need to join, I'm stuck.

If I follow the invit link received by email, I end up in the group test. Same thing if I use the "log to another group" option.

Am I missing something ?

Angel

1 answer

0 votes
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2016

Hi Angel, It sounds like the issue you're having is related to a cookie or some other session history related to your test account. Once you clear that, you should be fine. Here are a few ideas: Be sure to logout from your test account. If you've already done that, try clearing all cache from Atlassian or HipChat in your web browser. You could also use the invite link from your real work team in an incognito browser tab or a different web browser or a desktop client available from the HipChat Downloads page.

I hope one of these ideas helps. If not, reach out to the HipChat Support team and they should be able to get you going. 

Angel Davila November 21, 2016

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. Unfortunately, none of your suggestions worked. I've deleted cookies and cache in my usual browser, tried with a different one, with different devices (iPhone and iPad) using several browsers and also the app. Every time I end up in my test group without the ability to switch. 

I guess the next thing to do is asking the support team to delete that test group. 

Thanks a lot for your help anyway. 

Angel

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2016

In order to connect to a different group, you'll need to make an account there. If you want to use the same email as your existing account, you'll need to delete that one first by going to hipchat.com/account/deactivate, then you can accept an invite to the existing group you're looking to join.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events