How can I generate an auth_token with send_message scope?

I am trying to create a Java application that will be sending messages after some process finishes. According to design, the application provides a list of failed data which can contain 1000+ data rows. Therefore sending just a notification is not the case for me.

I decided that I will use file sharing using /v2/room/{room_id_or_name}/share/file call.

This call should be done with send_message scope but I can't find how to make it.

Could someone please help me with that?

I am using Postman to send messages to /v2/room/{room_id_or_name}/share/file but I always receive 

"error": {
"code": 401,
"message": "Authenticated requests only. See for more information.",
"type": "Unauthorized"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Igor,

I would suggest you reach out to our developer community at so that you'll be able to get a better guidance.

Additionally, do try to generate a token from your profile for v2 API at

0 vote

Thank you very much, Mohammad!

The link for token generation helped me completely!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

461 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot