How can I find unread messages in the mobile app?

The desktop client shows the number of unread messages to the right of the room/person. But in the mobile client (iOS) there is no such indication to help you find the unread messages. I have all notifications turned on and do see the notice displayed while in other apps (top of the screen flash). But then in-app there is no way to find the new messages. 

2 answers

I would like to see this also. We currently use GroupMe, and you get a popup with every message in the room, so people are aware that a chat is taking place. Also, the number of unread messages is displayed on the icon on any iOS/Android. I cant figure this out, but I like features of this platform much better, 

0 votes

If you are on the most current version of the iOS app (v3.16 on iOS 10) then when you (re)open the app you should see counts for the push notifications you mentioned. If that's not the case, it's possible you might be encountering a bug. You can open up an issue with our support team directly at support@hipchat.com and they'll hopefully be able to figure out whether something is going wrong in your particular case.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

495 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you