How can I filter or search @mentions that people have sent to me?

We just recently started using HipChat within the office. We would like to know if there is a way to filter or search for @mentions that were sent to us by others?

For example, we have several Rooms for different projects and sometimes the chat will get backed up. It would be great to be able to filter or jump to @mentions specifically sent to us, so that we don't need to scroll and read through the entire chat between others.

We did notice that our names are highlighted in blue so they're easier to find, but it would be great if there was a quicker way to find them. 

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Arbi Dridi Atlassian Team Nov 08, 2016

Hi Mari, 

You could still search for your mention name throughout the history. Otherwise, I don't see any other workaround. 

Thanks. 

Arbi Dridi
Premier Support Engineer | Atlassian

Hi Arbi,

Thanks for your reply! 

We have tried using the Search functionality, which is a little better, but we still run into the same issue. When searching, other messages that I have sent to people are also displayed, instead of just the mentions towards me when I search "@myName", so I still need to scroll through that History list.

(As a side note, it's also difficult to see my name when I search "@myName" because the text appears in white, and then is highlighted in light beige.)

It would be awesome to have a filter tab that would allow us to see all @mentions to ourselves, within a particular room, so that we can quickly and easily see if anything requires our specific attention.

Thanks again for your time!

Arbi Dridi Atlassian Team Nov 16, 2016

Hi Mari, 

I agree the current setup is not ideal. 

Feel free to create a public HCPUB suggestion in https://jira.atlassian.com

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Friday in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

229 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you