How can I delete posts in a Room? I found the online documentation but I can not "Click History in the left menu bar."

I searched the help index and went t this lnk:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/delete-messages-and-files-751698289.html

But I do not see the History link in the left nav as suggested in the above doc

1 answer

0 votes
Sara Dubuque Atlassian Team Dec 15, 2016

Hi Pree, 

It looks like that documentation might be a little out of date about the location of the history search. Roughly the same procedure should still work, using the history search in the upper right (the box next to your avatar). 

Try the following. 

1. Search for your message using the search history input in the upper right (just enter a couple words, or your name).
  2. Click the blue "View" link above that message in the list of results.
  3. Hover your mouse over the message in the chat. You should see a light gray X button over on the left (by your name). 
  4. Clicking this button will delete the message. It will still be visible in others's view until that chat view refreshes (they leave and join the room, they restart HipChat, etc).

If you have any trouble doing this from your desktop client, the same procedure works from the web interface of HipChat. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

486 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you