Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete posts in a Room? I found the online documentation but I can not "Click History in the left menu bar."

Pree Admin December 15, 2016

I searched the help index and went t this lnk:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/delete-messages-and-files-751698289.html

But I do not see the History link in the left nav as suggested in the above doc

1 answer

0 votes
Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2016

Hi Pree, 

It looks like that documentation might be a little out of date about the location of the history search. Roughly the same procedure should still work, using the history search in the upper right (the box next to your avatar). 

Try the following. 

1. Search for your message using the search history input in the upper right (just enter a couple words, or your name).
  2. Click the blue "View" link above that message in the list of results.
  3. Hover your mouse over the message in the chat. You should see a light gray X button over on the left (by your name). 
  4. Clicking this button will delete the message. It will still be visible in others's view until that chat view refreshes (they leave and join the room, they restart HipChat, etc).

If you have any trouble doing this from your desktop client, the same procedure works from the web interface of HipChat. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events