How can I can I set it to always be "away" on my Mac, so I can get the mobile notifications?

Destrey Hill June 13, 2016

I have it installed on my iPad, iPhone 6. The mobile notifications, were great, until I downloaded it onto my Mac. Now I don't get the mobile notifications, unless I check away everytime. Is there a way to permanently set it to away so I can get the mobile notifications?

2 answers

0 votes
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2016

If your Mac client isn't on idle, away or offline status, you won't be getting mobile notifications (or push notifications)

Have a read in Get and set notifications and reach out to support @ help.hipchat.com for further assistance!

Simon Gatto June 13, 2016

Thanks Edwin, I've actually gone through that page and it was definitely helpful.  I guess the confusion is that, back on my Android I would get push notifications as long as I didn't have a given room in HC open and in focus, but if it was minimized I would get the notifications to my phone.  I can definitely understand not wanting notifications going all over the place like crazy, but for people that are in and and out of meetings throughout the day it can get a little tedious constantly changing your HC status on your laptop (I know, #lazy smile ).  I guess what would be a great compromise would be an option you could turn on if you want push notifications even if you're logged in to the desktop client.

eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2016

It sounds like the current workaround for you would be to reduce the waiting time before your Mac client gets idled. (default 15 minutes) Works just the same way as setting your status to 'away' and hopefully you won't miss any push notifications after that. wink

0 votes
Simon Gatto June 13, 2016

This is the same issue I've been struggling with since I switched from an Android to an Iphone over a year ago.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events