Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat text corruption

Mark Jones March 14, 2017

Hi,

Since installing the latest version of macOS 10.12.3 I have experienced a couple of issues with Hipchat.

Namely, the room names will be corrupted when the divider between the room name and the chat room is smaller than the room name length. I've attached a couple of screenshots to show.

Also, creating text with two "g's" will remove the text from screen. Again, screenshot to show issue attached.

I've tried deleting HipChat and re-installing the latest as well as the customary restarts although the issue remains. Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Thanks,

Mark

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.34.01.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.34.12.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.36.58.png

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2017

This seems like a very bizarre issue - lots of us here at Atlassian are running on macOS 10.12.3 but haven't seen the problem you described. Are you possibly using some kind of 3rd party software that modifies text at the system level? I can't imagine what would trigger the weirdness in that screenshot or why "g"s would randomly disappear.

If you continue to have problems, you might want to ping the support folks at https://support.atlassian.com/hipchat/ and they might be able to help diagnose your specific situation more in depth.

Mark Jones March 21, 2017

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. Yes, people in my office are not experiencing these problems either. The only 3rd party software installed related to text would be adobe fonts. I can't see why that would cause the problem but will try removing anyway. Failing this I'll contact support.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events