Did you mean: 

Hipchat linux app fails; Cannot open a ticket

Chris Werner August 10, 2018

hipchat1.pnghipchat2.png

3 answers

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2018

Hi, Chris.

The error that you are getting on the client is a common issue that Windows / Linux client may run into. The details of the cause and workaround is described in the KB we have created here - Hipchat Mac/Linux/Windows 4.x apps throw "Make sure you have an internet connection and try again"

Please go through the steps below and let me know how it goes:

Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Navigate to /root/.config/Atlassian/
  • Move the Hipchat.ini file using the following command (may require root)
  • mv Hipchat.ini Hipchat.ini.BAK
  • Close then start Hipchat again. 

If you are still running into the same issue even after completing the steps above, please let us know so we can proceed to raise a support ticket on your behalf.

The reason why you are unable to create the ticket under the HCPUB section is due to the restriction of ticket creation in https://jira.atlassian.com, which is our public issue tracker. I'll be happy to raise it in https://getsupport.atlassian.com, which is our customer support portal instead. Thanks!

0 votes

Internet connection works fine (can you hear me?)  and...

This is about an app, not a browser.

Thx 4 the reply

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

@Chris WernerHmm wierd that  internet connect  is okay  and you  have this message  on the screen!

I use other adjectives to describe it.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

@Chris WernerDo  you have problem  with  connection  or   problem with  assignable user   permission  because i am lost  here ?

I have problems with the hipchat linux app   and

I have problems raising a ticket for same

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2018

@Chris WernerI suggest  you restart app/ re-install app  and  try  to  connect  to  hipchat,  as for the permission  you  cannot create bug because you  don't have the assignable user permission.

Best!

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2018

@Chris WernerPlease check  your internet connection and try  again,  if not  restart app again try again  hope this helps!

Best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events