My HipChat instance with LDAP authentication seems to have corrupt data. Authentication works, the client shows the correct names in the user list for chats, double clicking a name shows the correct user information, but when a user types a message into a chat, the name beside his or her message is not the correct name and it varies between chats. Worse, some users see their name as X while others see it as Y! Double clicking on the wrong name will bring up the correct user information.
Has anyone seen such behavior?
This happened to me too.
HipChat 2015-08-13 09-20-22.png
If it helps, we had reinstalled (restored from Backup) our HipChat server.
Perhaps the OS X client holds on to obsolete numeric ids.
...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs