Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat displaying wrong names?

Jason McClellan February 20, 2015

My HipChat instance with LDAP authentication seems to have corrupt data. Authentication works, the client shows the correct names in the user list for chats, double clicking a name shows the correct user information, but when a user types a message into a chat, the name beside his or her message is not the correct name and it varies between chats. Worse, some users see their name as X while others see it as Y! Double clicking on the wrong name will bring up the correct user information.

Has anyone seen such behavior?

4 answers

0 votes
Tim Lloyd August 12, 2016

I'm also seeing this issue, with HipChat Windows client and server-hosted HipChat.

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

This happened to me too.

HipChat 2015-08-13 09-20-22.png

If it helps, we had reinstalled (restored from Backup) our HipChat server.

Perhaps the OS X client holds on to obsolete numeric ids.

Deleting my stored credentials fixed it.
0 votes
andrew-rupert-cchmc May 27, 2015

We are seeing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I found that restarting the HipChat client solves the problem (at least temporarily). Two of our users that experienced this problem were both using Macs if that helps.

0 votes
Samuel Le Berrigaud
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hi Jason. I haven't been told yet of any such behavior. Can you please contact support at http://help.hipchat.com and we'll investigate what might be happening there? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events