Hipchat disappears on Apple Watch 2

I did have HipChat on my Apple Watch and then suddenly it disappeared and it is no longer on the list for apps to be installed on the Apple Watch.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Paul

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Evan Michner Atlassian Team Dec 19, 2016

Hi Paul – The Watch app was removed for a few reasons, however, in its place, we built quickly reply!

https://blog.hipchat.com/2016/11/12/new-ios-app-features-get-you-to-through-chats-faster/

To reply previously, you had to launch the Watch app, wait for it to load, and the reply. We just took out the middle step. Now, get a notification on your Watch and reply right there and be on your way.

This widget could not be displayed.

So this is all well and good, but then how does one initiate a chat on the watch?  Now that the series 2 is out and load time issues are a thing of the past, perhaps brining back the App would be a good move?

Evan Michner Atlassian Team Dec 21, 2016

Perhaps – the team has been looking at different options, based on usage. The primary problem we wanted to provide a better experience around was the fast reply.

Thanks for the feedback about how you were using the Watch app to initiate chats – helps a lot as we look down the road.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

368 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you