cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat Windows client display issues

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

I have a support request in for this but so far nothing they suggested has worked so I thought I'd reach out here and see if anyone else has run into this issue. Yesterday, I moved my Hipchat client from one display to another and it became completely distorted. The content on all sides is cut off and cursor placement is off my a few centimeters. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has fixed it. Multiple reboots, driver updates, unintsall and reinstall, and sacrificing a goat under a full moon have all failed. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? Thx! 2017-07-26 13_46_47-.png

2 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hi there team,

I highly suspect there's a clash between HipChat and the graphics driver of the machine. Could you try disabling the graphics driver for HipChat via these steps :

1. Right-click the 'HipChat' shortcut
  2. Add "--disable-gpu" to the end of the 'Target' path
  3. Press OK and relaunch the application

You'll have to startup HipChat with the shortcut for it to take effect though.

Kathy, I have checked your support ticket and saw that it has been resolved with the same steps, so I assume all is well I hope? :)

microtech IT August 8, 2017

Hi,

this does indeed resolve the issue on my computer (Intel HD Graphics 620), however I dont't think this should be considered a real fix. 

I'm not sure if this is related in any way, but on my laptop, running HipChat with the "--disable-gpu" flag, I get very high CPU use when using the video chat (1 to 2 cores maxed out, i.e. 25 to 50 % CPU load for HipChat alone, fans running constantly).

Regards,
Jan

0 votes
microtech IT August 1, 2017

Same here. Not only are parts of the content invisible. The fonts are also completely blurry.

do have two displays, but this is unrelated to moving the windows from one display to the other. It's been like this from the start. I tried deleting the client's AppData folder, but to no avail. Also uninstalled/reinstalled the app. No idea what else to do.

01-08-_2017_14-14-32.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events